About Me

My photo
Annie is my pseudonym. Lover of books, music, art, coffee, and a few people. :P

More About Me

To discover more of who I am, click here.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Question time!

Hey guys. I'm back. :)
I actually need your help. I've been reading 2 Corinthians 12, and I wanted your thoughts on verses 9-10, although you would get a more complete view of where Paul is going if you read the whole thing. Here they are:

9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10 Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

So this is what I'm trying to figure out: What does boasting in our weaknesses look like? What is an example or a circumstance where boasting in our weaknesses would come into play?

Any and all input is welcome :) I can't wait to hear your thoughts!
~Annie

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you're back! I'm glad I thought of your blog.
    I think one way it plays out is when going through trials and when giving testimony about it. I met a lady recently who was quick to give every single glory to God during her trials. (Hey, I just wrote a post about her) She is going through a lot and could tell us it was NOT on her own strength! We can boast about the greatness of God, he can even work with our weakness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, in that post I mention, "The art of losing control" which is funny--probably what reminded me to look at your blog.

      Delete
  2. That's a good thought, Ellie. I understand glorying God through trials and hard times, but I guess I was trying to see how you would boast in your weaknesses. I mean, you wouldn't go up to someone and say "I struggle with cutting and bulimia, and my sister, she's an alcoholic." But the word used for "boast" literally means to glory, or exult proudly of. So how would we be so proud of our shortcomings that we would go and brag about them?
    So here's an example: I used to really struggle with self-harm. I hated myself and had a constant feeling of guilt for not being "good enough", so I would try to punish myself. This was wrong. It was wrong of me to allow my mind to be poisoned, and to not care for my body the way God instructs. I am heartily ashamed of what I thought, and I shrink at the thought of people knowing (I'm cringing now) so how do I then go brag about being so incredibly wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can boast and glory that our God is enough! Glory goes to God, right? So, perhaps, the glory there, is glorifying God through your weaknesses. Not hiding what's there. ?

      Delete